The MA352 Integrated Amplifier is a hybrid design that combines the finest of vacuum tube and solid state audio design principles. The result is an eye-catching amplifier that enjoys the best of these two opposing audio philosophies all while reproducing music at the highest quality level.
An all analog design, the MA352 has a vacuum tube preamplifier section that is powered by a pair of 12AX7A and a pair of 12AT7 vacuum tubes; its output stage is a direct coupled solid state amplifier that outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers – enough power to properly drive virtually any set of loudspeakers. Dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
The MA352 has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Magnet phono input with adjustable loading for connecting a turntable. It has gold-plated speaker binding posts to help prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers. A stereo preamplifier output is available for connecting a higher-powered amplifier; it can also be used to connect 1 or 2 powered subwoofers for added low frequency performance.
The MA352 is packed with numerous McIntosh technologies including:
- Our patented Power Guard® technology that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that will disengage the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- A 5-band analog tone control allows for manual adjustment of your favorite recordings (each band adjustable by ± 12dB)
- Home Theater Pass Through lets it be seamlessly integrated into a home theater system
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Data Ports to send remote control commands to connected source components